Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Girls Night


What an amazing night. You just sat back and let the Holy Spirit move. As soon as I heard Natalie Grant was coming in concert I knew I wanted to go. I'm so glad I did. It was one of those experiances where if you were a Christian you had no choice but to be in the presence of God. I love nights like this where your joined by hundreds of other believers at the feet of Jesus. My Spirit was so overwhelmed by it all.
One more thing...There was a family sitting right beside us with two teenage girls who were raising their hands, singing praises along with their parents. I lost it. All I could think about at that moment was my baby girl. How awesome it would be, in ten or twelve years to be doing this with MY daughter. What a reward as a parent to know you helped guide them into a relationship with their heavenly Father. Hopefully Chad and I will raise Lily to understand what an amazing gift from God she really is and that she will use this life that He has healed to do wonders for His kingdom.

Ashmont Hill and Natalie Grant

So after the concert we all left feeling a little hungry so we decided on Cane's chicken. We should have stopped at this point, but A Krispy Kreme was strategically placed next door to the restaurant. If only the "HOT donut" sign wasn't on. I don't think I need to explain what happened next.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

That looks like so much fun!!

Life as Connor and Colby's Mom said...

That was a fun night!!!! I also hope one day my family will be worshiping together like that. Who knows...maybe my children will lead worship like their daddy.

destiny said...

Okay, I'm soooo jealous...for one, a girls night out and two, Natalie Grant!! She came here but we missed it! (same ol' story!)
Oh, and three....Krispy Kreme!! Yum! I haven't seen one of those around here. Maybe that's for the best!